Support tariff

If you’re experiencing financial difficulties and worried about paying your water bill, we may be able to offer you some extra help with our Support Tariff.

Am I eligible for the Support Tariff?

To be eligible for the Support Tariff, you must currently be behind on your previous year’s water bill payments. You must also be receiving one of the following benefits:

  • Council tax reduction benefit
  • Housing benefit
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Working tax credit
  • Pension Credit guarantee
  • Income related employment and support allowance
  • Universal Credit

Six charging bands are available depending on your individual circumstances. You will need to give us details about your income for us to assess how much you can afford to pay. Your application will be assessed and approved by an independent third party money advice specialist. The charges shown in the table apply to applications received and approved between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2017.

Support Tariff Water Wastewater Total

Band 1




Band 2




Band 3




Band 4




Band 5




Band 6




We will make an application for charges to be collected direct from your benefits. Where this is not possible we will set up an alternative payment plan for you.

How can I apply?

The quickest way to apply is to call us on 0800 072 6765. You can also download an application form if you would prefer to send this to us in the post. Alternatively contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau who will be able to help with your application.

Email this page