Sewer diversions

Under Section 185 of the Water Industry Act 1991 a builder or developer can request that a public sewer is altered or removed to allow a site to be improved.

Our S185 Sewer Diversions Guide should provide all of the information that you need to support you with a possible sewer diversion. You can then complete the S185 sewer diversions application form.

If we agree, in writing, for a developer to construct the sewer diversion they must enter into a legal agreement and their contractor must complete a Request for permission to work on a public sewer form. For our requirements for technical drawings, please see our standard construction details document

You and/or your contractor must not complete any work on the public sewer without prior agreement from United Utilities.

Email this page