Building over a public sewer

iconPlease note our change of address for building over enquiries. So as not to cause you any delays, please send all applications to:
United Utilities Developer Services, Windermere House, 1st Floor, Lingley Mere Business Park, Lingley Green Avenue, Great Sankey, Warrington, WA53LP

If you're planning any type of development, building something new or extending an existing building, you should check there’s nothing underground that could be affected i.e. water or wastewater pipes. Our property searches team can supply maps which show the location of our assets.

If you want to build over or close to one of our public sewers or lateral drains (this usually means within 3 metres), you need our approval, even if they are located on your land. We have to make sure that all of our pipes are protected from any potential damage that development may cause so that they can continue to provide the service they're designed for. It's also really important that we can access our pipes for maintenance and repair.

If you need any further information, our build over guide will give you all help you need to complete the Building over enquiry form.

For further information about building over a public sewer contact us at

Email this page